- Linux installer now includes 32bit libs for OpenEV
- GuidosToolbox 2.6, Revision 2 is now available, more details in the changelog
- GuidosToolbox 2.6, Revision 1 is now available, more details in the changelog
- GuidosToolbox 2.6, Revision 0 is now available, more details in the changelog
- GuidosToolbox: universal digital image object analysis, http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/22797254.2017.1330650
- Preparing new release 2.6
- New paper: An inventory of continental U.S. terrestrial candidate ecological restoration areas based on landscape context, available at: https://www.treesearch.fs.fed.us/pubs/54168
- working on new fragmentation assessment scheme
- GuidosToolbox 2.5, Revision 5 is now available, more details in the changelog
- fixed bug in HMC calculation
- improved setup of Conefor Inputs
- GuidosToolbox 2.5, Revision 4 is now available, more details in the changelog
- updated workshop material
- GuidosToolbox 2.5, Revision 3 is now available, more details in the changelog
- fixed MSPA-tiling for empty subtiles
- adjusted image orientation in Conefor Inputs
- updated GTB workshop material 2016.11 available via Help -> GuidosToolbox Workshop
- uploaded patched GTB-MacOS version, which now works with the latest Xquartz version
- finalising license agreement for commercial use of GuidosToolbox
- fixing a bug and optimizing the calculation of Contortion
- GuidosToolbox 2.5, Revision 2 is now available, more details in the changelog
- working on updated workshop material
- new QGIS/gdal 2.11 from Kyngchaos working fine in GTB and new GoogleEarth on macOS Sierra
- looking into upgrading gdal to version 2 on MS-Windows
- new GTB workshop material 2016.08 available via Help -> GuidosToolbox Workshop
- added automatic update check for workshop material
- added new stepping stone detection tool Reconnect.
- added Proximity efficiency measure.
- GuidosToolbox 2.5, Revision 1 is now available, more details are available in the changelog
- working on updated workshop material.
- uploaded GuidosToolbox overview presentation to homepage.
- fixed GoogleEarth overlay examples for new server location.
- fixed crash when pointer is at top/right viewport.
- working on restoration planning scheme.
- GoogleEarth overlay: significantly faster and for any image size.
- MSPA GoogleEarth overlay: new option for fully transparent background.
- Adding more batch-processing options.
- Working on enhancement for Influence Zones and Proximity.
- GuidosToolbox scientific seminar at the Geospatial Forum, NCSU.
Click here and scroll down to March 31 for the 1-hour video summary.
- Fixed empty line in MCD.
- fixed some regressions
- working on proximity analysis
- finally upgraded outdated gdal in MS-Windows
- upgrading workshop material and preparing new GTB2.5 release
- GuidosToolbox 2.5, Revision 0 is now available, more details are available in the changelog
- fixed saving geotiff info in MSPA image with statistics
- revision update and workshop installation now work in non-default installations
- adding option in MS-Windows installer to install into non-default locations
- GuidosToolbox 2.4, Revision 2 is now available, more details are available in the changelog
- updated MS-Windows installer to show full progress bar
- working on watershed analysis
- fixed setup of module Component Connectors
- added News browser to the Help menu
- preparing incremental revision update
- GuidosToolbox 2.4, Revision 1 is now available, more details are available in the changelog
- OS-X only: if you use GTB 2.4 and get crashes when doing MSPA, moving window, recode or cost analysis please download and run the small patch GTB2400_OSXFix.zip.
Note: this patch is already included in the current updated installer of GuidosToolbox 2.4.
- GuidosToolbox 2.4, Revision 0 is now available, more details are available in the changelog
- uploaded updated workshop material with new examples for cost analysis
- uploaded patch for current GuidosToolbox to run on OS-X 10.11 El Capitan
- cost analysis is working now, some small glitches need to be addressed still
- updating installer packages for upcoming GTB version 2.4
- testing/upgrading GTB to new IDL 8.5 code base
- added a patch to fix 'save as kml' under certain versions of MS-Windows Vista/7
- MS-Windows system-inherent batch-processing problem:
can not be fixed but bypassed using GTB Linux or OS-X version
- added elasticity to change detection
- successfully upgraded GTB installers for new IDL code base and upcoming GTB version 2.4
- working on cost map and least cost path
- redesigned websites and merged download statistics into a new application
- GuidosToolbox has surpassed 11500 downloads
- WWF conducting webinar on forest degradation using MSPA
- migrated to a new webserver to resolve downloading problems
- GuidosToolbox 2.3, Revision 1 is now available, more details are available in the changelog
- If you have version 2.3 Revision 0 installed you can upgrade via the menu option Help - Check for Updates
- if you have version 2.2 or earlier installed you should download and install the latest program version
GuidosToolbox (Graphical User Interface for the Description of image Objects and their Shapes) contains a wide variety of generic raster image processing routines, including related free software such as GDAL (to process geospatial data and to export them as raster image overlays in Google Earth), and FWTools (pre/post-process and visualize any raster or vector data).
All tools are based on geometric principles and can thus be applied at any scale and to any kind of raster data.
GuidosToolbox also includes MSPA (Morphological Spatial Pattern Analysis), a customized sequence of mathematical morphological operators targeted at the description of the geometry and connectivity of the image components. MSPA features and application examples are described on the MSPA-website.
The graphical user interface of GuidosToolbox.
please click on the icons below to view the GuidosToolbox
reference paper flyer or download the overview presentation.
GuidosToolbox is available in the following options:
- GuidosToolbox Software (current version: 2.6 Revision 2):
First download and read the GuidosToolbox installation instructions. They contain important additional information to ensure a correct installation and functioning of the application.
If you have version 2.5 installed you can upgrade via the menu option Help -> Check for Updates.
If you use any earlier version please download and install the latest version.
Download and run the installer for your operating system
(please use right-click - Save as and download the file to a local directory):
Linux: GuidosToolbox2.6_linux.run (64bit)
Mac OS-X: GuidosToolbox2.6_OSX.dmg (64bit)
MS-Windows: GuidosToolbox2.6_64windows.exe (64bit) or GuidosToolbox2.6_32windows.exe (32bit)
- GuidosToolbox workshop: information on this 1-3 day training course is summarized in the document GWS_Info.pdf.
The course material, composed of presentations and exercises, can be installed directly from within GuidosToolbox (Help -> GuidosToolbox Workshop) or manually (GWS2017.01.zip).
The presentations provide details on the motivation, design, functioning and application fields of the different methodologies available in GuidosToolbox. They are complemented by sample data and instructions to illustrate using these tools. The course material is designed for the 1-3 day GuidosToolbox Workshop but any interested GuidosToolbox user can follow it as well.
Locations of past, upcoming, and future workshops/seminars are summarized on the GuidosToolbox Workshop page.
- GuidosToolbox is available for free at the following web site: http://forest.jrc.ec.europa.eu/download/software/guidos
- GuidosToolbox reference paper:
Vogt P, Riitters, K, 2017. GuidosToolbox: universal digital image object analysis. European Journal of Remote Sensing, 50, 1, pp. 352-361, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/22797254.2017.1330650
- If you use MSPA in your work then please add the following reference:
Soille P, Vogt P, 2008. Morphological segmentation of binary patterns. Pattern Recognition Letters 30, 4:456-459, DOI: http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/j.patrec.2008.10.015
- GuidosToolbox disclaimer
- Please also send us a copy of your publication in which this software has been used.
Key features of version 2.6:
- MultiScale fragmentation analysis
- New stepping stone detection tool: Reconnect
- Enhanced Proximity analysis tool for restoration topics
- Grouping of resulting range into small/medium/large
- recoding of image classes and much more...
Examples (and additional specific examples for MSPA and GoogleEarth) :
FAD: Fragmentation analysis over 5 observation scales and providing 6 classes of fragmentation: Intact, Interior, Dominant, Transitional, Patchy and Rare foreground cover.
Reconnect: Detect stepping stones and evaluate efficiency of least cost path between user-selectable objects.
Cost analysis: cost map, least cost path, bypassing an obstacle, and user-driven cost zones
Influence zones: including 10 pixel buffer zones for core areas > 200 pixels
MSPA: showing spatial distribution and statistics for pattern, connectivity, and core areas of different size.
Morphological change detection: showing essential gain, loss, unchanged foreground (dark) and background (light).
Fragmentation: showing degree of fragmentation in percent.
Landscape Mosaic: showing for each pixel the relative proportions of 3 classes (here: Agriculture, Natural, Developed) in a window surrounding that pixel.
Contact: Peter Vogt