News: Version 1.2 (2016/04): use system pdf-reader, updated email-contacts, and optional standalone installation (MS-Windows).
AnisView is an educational software to visualize the Bidirectional Reflectance Distribution Function (BRDF) using one of the two radiative transfer models RPV and MRPV. AnisView has the following features:
Graphic display modes:
- Geometry: an interactive mode to visualize the user-driven illumination and observation geometry.
- Single BRF value: BRF as a function of the selected geometry and BRDF model parameters.
- 2-D plot: a cross-cut or plane along a specified azimuthal direction.
- 2-D contour plot: circular view of the BRDF field including interactive readout of BRF values.
- 3-D rectangular/polar plot: 3-D visualization of the BRDF field.
- the BRDF-model settings and the graphic display can be saved in a variety of formats.
- overlay of observation zenith angles for the sensors ATSR, AVHRR, MODIS, MISR, SPECTRA.
- isotropic and lambert settings
AnisView is available for the following operating systems (please use right-click - Save as and download the installer to a local directory):
- Linux: AnisView1.2_linux64.run (64bit) or AnisView1.2_linux.run (32bit)
Please first uninstall any previous version! Then open a shell in the directory where you saved the installer. Make the installer executable using the command: chmod u+x AnisView1.2_linux_64.run (on 32bit systems: chmod u+x AnisView1.2_linux.run). Then either double-click the installer to get AnisView installed into your HOME-directory, or manually start the installer using: ./AnisView1.2_linux64.run to install AnisView into the current directory.
- Mac OS-X: AnisView1.2_mac.dmg
Please first uninstall any previous version! Then double-click the installer (AnisView1.2_mac.dmg) and follow the instructions (you may need to right-click on the installer and in the new pop-up window select: Open with -> DiskImageMounter/Installer), then drag/drop AnisView to the folder Applications).
For the initial start navigate to /Applications/AnisView, then right-click on AnisView.app and select: Open
Note: running AnisView on OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and later requires installing the latest version of XQuartz.
- MS-Windows: AnisView1.2_windows.exe
Please first uninstall any previous version! Then double-click the installer (AnisView1.2_windows.exe) and follow the instructions.
The installation requires no administrator rights. It will extract the entire package, including documenation, manual, disclaimer and the source code, into a single directory. After the installation, the extracted directory AnisView can be copied/moved to a different location or device, e.g., an external USB-flashdrive. In this case, please use the included launcher to start AnisView from its new location.
Vogt P.; Verstraete, M.M.; 2016. AnisView. Available at the following web site: http://forest.jrc.ec.europa.eu/download/software/anisview
RPV: Rahman, H., B. Pinty, and M. M. Verstraete (1993) 'Coupled surface-atmosphere reflectance (CSAR) model. 2. Semi-empirical surface model usable with NOAA Advanced Very High Resolution Radiometer data', Journal of Geophysical Research, 98, 20,791-20,801.
MRPV: Engelsen, O., B. Pinty, M. M. Verstraete, and J. V. Martonchik (1996) Parametric
Bidirectional Reflectance Factor Models: Evaluation, Improvements and Applications,
EC Joint Research Centre, Technical Report No. EUR 16426 EN, 114 p.
Contact: Peter Vogt